That’s why we’re pleased to share the following sources for marketing claims made throughout this website.
Please call 416.420.9420 for national marketing and media inquiries from 9:00 to 5:00 ET weekdays.
For regional marketing and media contacts, please select the relevant provincial / territorial plan via the links in the footer.
Most Trusted Insurance Brand Offering Health, Travel & Life Coverage
• Leger’s 2023 Brand Reputation Study shows Blue Cross has the highest level of trust amongst its largest competitors in Canada offering similar services. Additionally, Blue Cross is ranked #1 amongst all key metrics measured: financial solidity, quality of products and services, innovation, attachment, honesty and transparency, plus social responsibility.
Most Trusted / Standout Achievements in Health Benefits
• Voted most trusted Supplemental Health Insurance brand (in a tie) by Canadian shoppers based on the 2022 BrandSpark® Canadian Trust Study. The BrandSpark Most Trusted Awards (BMTAs) is an annual awards program that recognizes the brands that consumers trust based on thousands of nationally representative consumer votes.
• The Advocis Award for Life & Health Insurer of the Year by the Insurance Business Awards Canada 2022 award of excellence is presented to the outstanding life and health insurance company in Canada in 2021 (Medavie Blue Cross) providing top-tier life and health insurance products to consumers and businesses with an exemplary level of client service.
Most Trusted Travel Insurance Company; Recognized Globally
• Every year, Reader’s Digest conducts a poll of Canadians to determine the most Trusted Brands™ in Canada. For 2022, Blue Cross Travel Insurance was voted #1 in the category for each of the last 5 years (except 2021 with no such questions asked as a result of the pandemic’s travel restrictions).
• Blue Cross covers over 7 million Canadians each year and recognized symbol of health care globally as it is part of a trusted global network that includes the American Blue Cross & Blue Shield Association (which covers one-third or over 100 million Americans) and the International Federation of Health Plans.
Most Respected Life Insurance Company
• Awarded to Blue Cross Life Insurance Company of Canada (23/12/2021 to 30/12/2022). Canada’s Most Respected Award is conducted by DART I & C and powered by Maru Public Opinion.
One of Canada’s Top Employers
• Leger’s 2023 Brand Reputation Study shows Blue Cross has the highest level amongst similar insurance companies for employee working atmosphere, employee confidence in the future of the organization and corporate alignment with employees’ values.
• Canada’s Most Admired™ Corporate Cultures national program annually recognizes best-in-class Canadian organizations for having cultures that have helped them enhance performance and sustain a competitive advantage. Medavie Blue Cross is in the Hall of Fame and both Medavie Blue Cross and Alberta Blue Cross are winners in the Broader Public Sector categories for 2021.
• Canada’s Top 100 Employers project is a national competition to determine which employers lead their industries in offering exceptional workplaces for their employees. Medavie Blue Cross is a national winner in 2022 while Alberta Blue Cross, Saskatchewan Blue Cross and Manitoba Blue Cross won for their respective provinces. Blue Cross Canassurance Group won as one of Montreal’s top employers. In 2019, Medavie Blue Cross was named one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers.
• Excellence Canada’s Organizational Excellence Standard provides a strategic umbrella for adaptation and harmonizes various practices into an aligned management system for pursuing organizational goals. This strategic approach helps build and sustain a culture of excellence. Congratulations to Alberta Blue Cross for winning the 2019 Certificate of Merit Recipient for Financial Wellness.
A Caring Company; In Communities Across Canada
• Imagine Canada’s Caring Companies trust mark is Canada’s premier public expression of excellence in community investment and social responsibility. Through the Caring Company Certification, corporations are recognized for investing 1% of their pre-tax profit into the communities where their employees live and work. Congratulations to Alberta Blue Cross and Medavie Blue Cross.
• With over $10 million and thousands of hours of volunteer efforts contributed each year to communities – and the organizations that support them – Blue Cross is proud to be a healthy local partner. For additional information, please visit our Member Plan & Licensee partners for your region.
• Blue Cross is proud to have supported over 25,000 Wishes with Blue Cross Travel Insurance and is celebrating 30 years with Make a Wish® Canada. With this continued, national investment, Wish kids have something to look forward to so they can focus less on their next treatment.